Do you have a school, business, or organization that needs to make announcements regularly? If so, this is the app for you.
Announcements in a text-to-speech engine in a voice that is easy to listen to*
Making announcements has never been easier. Whether they need their announcements read from their phone or in a meeting, this app will help. It is the easiest way to make announcements.
What is Announce Calls on iPhone
Announce Calls are text-to-speech engine powered by iOS’s native interface. The app reads aloud chat, SMS, iMessages, emails, notes, webpages written in any app for free for everyone with a phone or tablet running iOS 5.0 and higher. It is the easiest way to make announcements on iPhone.
*Announce calls is not a voice changer or modification app. Voice quality does vary between different iOS devices and the voices are all pre-recorded. It cannot read live announcements from phone calls, though it can be used for calling out names at a school or business. It will make announcements in a text-to-speech engine in a voice that is easy to listen to.
What are some features of Announce Calls on iPhone
- Reads aloud chat, SMS, iMessages, emails, notes
- Reads any webpage in Safari
- Customizable voice with variety of accents and voices included. Additional downloadable voices available via an in-app purchase
- Language detection for auto language switching or custom selection per message
- Auto-detects voice to have announcements read in a male or female voice
- Adjustable reading speed
- Pause and continue while reading a message
- Read timer for required announcements
- Set a reminder in the notification center for upcoming announcements. Reminders appear on lockscreen with optional passcode protection*
- Recurrence support for notifications of regular announcements**
How to make an Announce Call on iPhone
Simply tap the red record button to start, write up a text to read, and tap the blue play button to make an Announce Call. *Apple Watch support coming soon.
Apple Watch support coming soon. **Recurrence support for notifications of regular announcements is available to all users free of charge, but recurring reminders are only included with an in-app purchase.
Note: Announce Calls do not identify individuals by name. The app simply reads names that are written into the text message or other content being read aloud by the app.
Benefits of using Announce Calls on iPhone
Announce Calls is the easiest way to make announcements. The app also has many uses for educational purposes, business or organization use, and personal use cases. Some examples are listed below:
- For people who cannot read texts because of difficulty reading text or vision problems
- When someone needs their name called out but it’s not possible (busy classroom, large group of people, etc.)
- For reading announcements and messages at a school or business (with the passcode lock feature enabled)
- To review information from Reading Day, Reading Week, or other important event in a class
- In any case where students have their phone taken away so they need an announcement made for them to hear
- At restaurants for groups of people
- Read recipes aloud while cooking or baking
Tips for making Announce Calls on your iPhone
You’ll know your Announce Call has successfully played when you hear the “ding” sound or notification chime.
The only limit to the length of an Announce Call is the size of available storage space on your device, so there’s no need to edit out parts if it takes too long
You can make one message a favorite by tapping and holding on the record button and then tapping the star icon above the record button
To change or edit a voice, tap and hold on Suitcase in the top-right corner of the main menu and select Manage Voices. To add more voices, tap Get More Voices.
Announce Calls is the best way to make announcements on iPhone. Use it in school, at work, or anywhere else you need your name called out loud. With many customizable features, Announce Calls gives users tons of flexibility when using the app.