Most people are used to using their email client on their desktop computer. When they sign up for Office 365 or Microsoft 365, they will be required to use the web-based version of Outlook. This means that you’ll need to know how to do IMAP migration in order to receive email on your new account.
The imap migration office 365 step by step is a guide that will help you migrate your email account from an older version of Microsoft Outlook to Office 365 or Microsoft 365.
Summary: Are you searching for a comprehensive IMAP Migration solution in Office 365? Then keep an eye on this blog. We’ve learned how to migrate IMAP to Office 365 in this article. We will also discover the best method to convert IMAP to Office 365 with simplicity, since manual procedures do not transfer the majority of emails.
Switching to Office 365 is now required for individuals and businesses, not just for improved productivity and functionality, but also for increased security. Using Internet Message Access Protocol, you may simply import emails from your IMAP-based server into Office 365.
IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) enables you to work and access your email messages from any system or device, no matter where you are. You are not saving or restoring the email message when reading it through IMAP; instead, you are seeing or reading it using any IMAP compliant email provider such as Gmail, Outlook, Hotmail, or Yahoo.
What will be migrated as part of the IMAP migration?
Before we get started with the migration, there are a few things to keep in mind regarding the IMAP conversion in Office 365.
- You can only move things to Office 365 from your inbox or other mail folders.
- You cannot transfer contacts, calendar items, or tasks with this kind of migration.
- Only 500,00 things may be transferred from the inbox to the chosen email service.
- The maximum size of an email is 35 megabytes.
- To begin, you must first establish an Office 365 account, after which you may only transfer IMAP mailbox emails.
- To utilize the same IMAP email domain in Microsoft 365, you must first add the domain to Office 365 before proceeding with the procedures.
These are some of the drawbacks that may render the IMAP migration in Office 365 useless and ineffective. Now, let’s look at the steps required in migrating IMAP to Office 365 or Microsoft 365.
Best IMAP Migration Methods in Office 365 or Microsoft 365
There are three simple ways to import IMAP emails into Office 365. All of the methods are basic and straightforward, and they provide 100% accurate outcomes.
- Using the Office 365 Admin Center, migrate your IMAP account to an Office 365 account.
- Transferring IMAP to Office 365: A Step-by-Step Guide
- IMAP to Office 365 Migration Tool is available for free.
Method 1: Admin Center IMAP Migration in Office 365
In this section, we’ll go through how to use the admin center to perform an IMAP migration to Office 365:
- Sign in to Office 365.com using your admin credentials.
- Select the Data Migration option from the navigation pane.
- Following your click on Data Migration, the Select Your Data service page will display on the screen. Select your email provider if it is listed below.
- You will be taken to the user’s page after choosing the email provider.
- Select the people you want to transfer and input their email addresses and passwords.
- After you’ve filled out all of the necessary information, click the Start Migration option.
- Finally, the migration will begin, and you will see one of the following statuses once it is finished: Beginning | Queued | Syncing | Finished To finish the operation, click the Stop Migration button when Synced is displayed on your screen.
- Click the Close Connection option after the procedure has been finished successfully.
Steps to Transfer IMAP to Office 365 (Method 2)
To transfer IMAP emails to Office 365 accounts, follow these six simple steps. However, all of the processes must be completed flawlessly. Otherwise, data loss is a possibility. Complete the following steps to do so:
Step 1: Identify and verify your current email server’s full name.
Because Office 365 requires the same source email server name for the conversion, you’ll need to double-check your IMAP email server’s complete name.
- Use Outlook.com to access your mailbox.
- Select the Setting option from the toolbar and type POP into the search field.
- Select POP and IMAP in another wizard.
- The mentioned IMAP server name may be found here.
Step 2: Make a list of mailboxes that need to be migrated.
You must visit IMAP user mailboxes to check before beginning the transfer of mailboxes to Office 365. You’ll need to make a list of mailboxes in order to validate. Furthermore, if you do not know the password for the mailbox you have chosen, you must reset it and establish a new one.
Connect Office 365 Email System in Step 3
To connect with the source email system, Office 365 utilizes a migration endpoint. To build the migration endpoint, follow the steps below:
- Select Recipients from the Exchange Admin Center.
- Select Migration> More and then Migration endpoints from the drop-down menu.
- To establish a new migration endpoint, click the Plus button.
- The choose migration endpoint page comes on the screen after that; click IMAP and continue.
- Fill in the following information on the IMAP migration page:
- Name of the IMAP server
- Click the Next button after filling in the remainder of the information.
- Now, the migration services will test the email server’s connection, and if it is in good working order, they will type the page’s general information.
- In another wizard, enter the name of the migration endpoint. To establish a new migration endpoint, leave the remaining fields blank and click the New button.
- The new migration endpoint will be established at the end.
Step 4: Migrate Multiple Mailboxes and Perform a Batch Migration
If you want to migrate Office 365 mailboxes in mass, you’ll need to establish a migration batch. It is this procedure that will keep the previously transferred emails. To create a batch migration, follow the steps below:
- To begin, go to the Exchange Admin Center and choose Recipients from the drop-down menu. Select Migration from the drop-down menu.
- Now, choose New + and complete the Migrate to Exchange Online process.
- Select IMAP migration and then press the Next button.
- On the screen, the selected User Page will display. Select the migration files you created previously by clicking Browse.
- Office 365 will do a short check on the file to see whether it is correct.
- If Office 365 verifies the file, it will display the number of people mentioned in the file data, as well as the number of mailboxes to migrate.
- Click Next after the validation is complete.
- On the screen, you’ll see the IMAP configuration pager. To keep going, click Next.
- Select the Migration Endpoint you created in step 3 as your option.
- Go to the Move Migration page, type in the migration’s name, and then click the Next button. You may also omit a folder from the transfer process by typing their name into the box or clicking the Plus button to proceed. After you’ve completed your decision, click the Next button.
- When the migration batch appears on the screen, do the following steps:
- To transmit a copy of the migration report to other users, click the Browse option. You may also get the migration report from the migration batch’s built-in attributes.
- To begin the batch, choose Automatically. When you click the Save button, the email migration will begin. Once the migration creation procedure is complete, change the status of the migration.
- You may also monitor the task’s status in the Exchange Admin Center.
Step 5: Forward Your Email to Microsoft Office 365
Nowadays, every email system checks or verifies the delivery address of emails using a DNS record (called MX Record). While the email migration procedure may be completed, the DNS record for the source email system has been left in place. Furthermore, you will need to highlight the MX record in Office 365 following the successful conversion.
It will guarantee that the email will arrive in Office 365 mailboxes. In most cases, Office 365 takes 72 hours to detect changes to the MX record. Stop the email sync after the procedure is finished.
Procedure to Discontinue Email Synchronization (Step 6)
After making the modifications to the MX records, double-check that all of your emails are being routed via Office 365. You will then remove the migration batch. The synchronization between the source email system and Office 365 will be disabled as a result of this. Before you do that, you’ll need to double-check a few things:
- Your users have chosen Office 365 as their email provider. After you’ve stopped the migration batch, double-check that any emails sent to your Office 365 account haven’t been duplicated.
- Allow at least 72 hours to pass after deleting the email migration in bach. There is adequate time for source email and Office 365 mailbox data to be synchronized.
How to Get Rid of a Migration Batch
- Go to the Exchange Admin Center, choose Recipients, and then click Migration.
- On the migration dashboard, pick the selected batch and click Delete.
- By going to the Recipients area of the Exchange Admin Center, you can also check that the batch migration has been deleted.
Method 3: Using Free Software to Migrate to IMAP in Office 365
Do you believe manually migrating IMAP emails into Office 365 would be a simple process after viewing the aforementioned methods? Certainly not. Use the SysInfo IMAP Migration Tool to conduct hassle-free IMAP migration in Office 365 accounts. Users may batch transfer IMAP mailbox data into Office 365 using the program. Users may also use the program to import IMAP email into Gmail, Thunderbird, AOL, Hotmail, Live Exchange Outlook PST, and other email clients.
Many individuals and businesses desire to migrate to IMAP in Office 365 in order to improve productivity and security. In these circumstances, finding the best and easiest method to transfer IMAP mailbox data is critical. As a result, we’ve discussed both manual and professional IMAP migration techniques.
The kernel imap to office 365 is a method that allows users to migrate their email from their old IMAP server to Office 365.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I IMAP migrate to Office 365?
To migrate to Office 365, you should first find your old email account. You can do this by searching for it in the Outlook Web Access (OWA) webmail interface. Then, click on the gear icon at the top right of the screen and select Migrate to Office 365.
What is IMAP migration to Office 365?
IMAP migration is the process of moving email messages from an IMAP mailbox to Microsofts Office 365 service.
How do I transfer my email to Office 365?
You will need to contact your IT department or email provider and ask them how to transfer your email.
- office 365 migration guide pdf
- office 365 to office 365 migration
- office 365 imap migration csv template
- imap migration office 365 limitations
- office 365 migration tool free